The water is still going up. No indication for drainage yet. We went back again. Going for more water sampling. This time accompanied by a freshwater ecologist, sampling for DNA, isotopes and gas that might be released by the lake into the atmosphere. Very curious to see the results of the analysis in a couple of months. We continued our other surveying work. This time with some hickups. Some issues with our drone not recording all the data, one of our GPSes switching off despite fresh batteries and finally to round up the day a broken survival suit. There is always some excitement. The weather forecast predicts rain for the coming days. We’ll see if the lake is still there the next time we manage to get up there.